Table of Miracles
For week of April 14th - April 20th
1) Just for fun: If your life was a movie, which movie would it be and why?
2) Did someone invite you to Canvas? What made you finally decide to give it a try?
3) Read Luke 14:16-23.
-What would you title this parable?
-What do you think about the people's excuses?
-What excuses do people make for not coming to church or for not following Christ?
4) Who in your life right now needs to know the hope that only Christ can bring?
Commit as a life group to pray for, and invite those people to one of our three Easter Services.
For week of April 7th - April 13th
JUST FOR FUN — If you could be cast in a movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and which character would you want to play?
1) What brings you joy in life? (This could be anything).
2) What comes to mind when you think of the word “sabbath”? How would you define it?
3) God created the sabbath for us (he designed us to have rest). Good things become bad things when they keep us from the best things. What GOOD things can you say NO to in order to say YES to the best things?
4) Creating margin in your life is a great way to create rest for our souls. How can you create margin in your life to spend more quality time with yourself, others and God?
5) End by encouraging everyone to take small steps in building rhythms of rest in their life.
An Invitation to Hope
For week of March 31st - April 6th
1) Just for fun: Who invited you to Canvas Church or how did you hear about it?
2) Pastor Mark asked us, “Who in your life right now needs to know the HOPE that only Jesus can give?” Do you have anyone in your life like that right now
3) Read John 4:1-26
-How does God’s love for us transform the way we see other people?
-How did Jesus see the woman at the well?
-How do you think others saw her?
-What was the outcome of her telling others about Jesus? (Verses 39-42)
4) Who was instrumental in you coming to Christ? Did someone invite you to church, share Jesus with you at work, etc.?
5) God uses usto reach others. In what ways do you feel God best uses you to reach others?
End your time together praying that God would use each of us to reach those far from Him, for Him.
Out Of Hiding - Part 4
For week of March 24th - March 30th
1) Just for Fun: This past week was the first week of spring, what is your favorite memory about this time of year?
2) Do you have any physical scars that tell a story? If so, what are they?
3) Hebrews 4:15 says, For Jesus, our High Priest, is not one who cannot fell sympathy for our struggles. On the contrary, He was temped in every way that we are, yet he triumphed and remained sinless.
How does this next line hit you?... God being God in your life, is not merely him delivering you out of your pain, it is him experiencing that pain with you.
4) God is not an absentee father, he will always be involved in your life. Based on the relationship you had, or did not have with your earthly father, how does this knowledge make you feel?
5) Because of God’s faithfulness, we are survivors. What were some of your greatest difficulties that you have survived?
6) How has God allowed you to use your greatest difficulties to help someone else travel along the same road you once traveled?
7) How has this series impacted you and what is your take away from it?
Out Of Hiding - Part 3
For week of March 17th - March 23rd
1) Just for fun: If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
2) Failure makes us feel like giving up. Have you ever experienced this?
3) Jesus never gives up on us even when we want to give up on ourselves. If you have been able to overcome failure, what was it that helped you realize that your failure wasn’t the end for you?
4) Read 1 Peter 2:24. In what ways could meditating on this scripture everyday be helpful to you?
5) How would you encourage someone who is dealing with failure right now?
Out Of Hiding - Part 2
For week of March 10th - March 16th
1) Just for fun: Share about a book you have recently read or a movie you have recently seen that you would recommend to your Life Group.
2) Pastor Mark shared, Sometimes the more you are convinced you are right, the more you could actually be wrong. Our defensiveness could be a real clue to our self deceitfulness. Do you know someone right now who is deceiving themselves into believing they are not dealing with an issue when in fact you and everyone else can see they are? Why do you think they can't see it when so many can?
3) Have you ever come to the realization that you too had been deceiving yourself regarding an issue you denied or ignored? How did you respond to your revelation?
4) In order for us to stop deceiving ourselves we need to hear, know and be transformed by truth. Has someone spoke a truth to you that was about you to help change you? (This question is similar to #3 but #3 is about you coming to a realization and this question is more about someone else coming to you with a realization about yourself.) Did you receive what this person was saying or did you think they were being irrational?
5) Is there something in your life right now that you would have the courage to drop your mask and confess to your life group that you know is an area God is dealing with you to work on in your life? Is there anything your life group can do to support you as you face this challenge?
Close your time today, as Mark encouraged in the message, with Psalm 139:23, "Examine me, O God and know my mine; test me and reveal my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me in the path of everlasting life."
Out Of Hiding - Part 1
For week of March 3rd - March 9th
1) Just for fun: What was your favorite TV show to watch when you were growing up?
2) Pastor Mark showed us three pictures in this message, Holy-Mark, Happy-Mark, and Handle-it-Mark.
-What "faces" can you admit to wearing?
-Why do you feel you have had to wear them?
3) One thing that drives us to wear masks is shame that is brought on by sin. Do you know someone who is living this right now or has in the past? How has their sin caused them to mask who they really are? What lessons can you learn by watching their life?
4) Have you experienced a failure that the shame of it began to define your life? How have you been able to break free from it no longer letting the failure to define your future?
5) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) how did you rate yourself on the question of where you are in your relationship with God and how intimate you are with him? Remember, you don’t have to cover your sin and shame because God has covered you with Jesus.
6) No matter what your number was on the scale, what steps do you feel you need to take to grow more intimate with God?
Pray with your group that you would all deepen your relationship and intimacy with God and learn to be vulnerable with God and each other.
Maximize The Moment
For week of February 24th - March 2nd
1) Just for fun: What do you feel is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
2) In what areas do you feel you have grown in last year? In what areas do you hope to grow in 2019?
3) What are some of the promises God has given you that have already come to fruition? What do you feel was your “part of the job” in seeing them come to pass?
4) When thinking about your promises that you are still waiting for, of the six instructions listed below, which one is the easiest for you to do and which one is the hardest for you to do and why?
-Embrace new opportunity
-Trust God completely
5) What are you looking forward to the most in 2019?
6) What are some of the things as a Life Group can do together this year that you wanted to do last year but never did? Start planning those things today.
For week of February 17th - February 23rd
1.On Sunday we learned that when we feel the need to be perfect, we can know that Jesus only wants our best. Have you ever felt the need to be perfect in some area of you life? Why?
2. Pastor Caleb shared about getting distracted and leaving his son outside in a swing. Do you have any stories about getting distracted?
3. What are some good things that can easily become bad things in our lives?
4. What should be some of the best things in our lives?
5. Matthew 11:28 (NIV) says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Have you found this verse to be true in your life? Would you be willing to share an example?
Close your time together reminding your group to focus and pray for the best things and to not be distracted by the good things. And that the best really is yet to come!
A Life With A View
For week of February 10th - February 16th
1) Just for fun: What is your favorite Valentine’s Candy?
2) Pastor Mark mentioned in this sermon that people have described their life as a circus, a roller coaster, a puzzle, a symphony, a journey, a dance and even a prison sentence. How metaphor would you use to describe your life right now?
3) Read Romans 12:2 in multiple translations.
What is our motivation for being transformed?
In what ways does this verse speak to you?
4) One of the three ways we can view our lives here on earth is as a test.
In what ways do you feel you have been tested?
What did you learn from this testing?
5) Life on this earth can also be viewed as a trust.
What are some of the things you believe God has entrusted you with?
6) The third way life can be viewed is as a temporary assignment.
What are some of the things you have experienced in life that remind you of the brevity of life?
7) Read Jerimiah 29:11.
Why do we make plans in our life?
How do you feel when everything goes as planned?
How do you feel when things don’t go as planned?
What is God’s plan for us according to Jerimiah 29:11?
How does that encourage you?
8) What was your greatest take away from this message?
Close your time together reminding your group that no matter what they might be going through right now, God’s plan for their future is filled with hope, love and peace. And that the best really is yet to come!